A website is an incredible tool to communicate information or market to your target customer. Maintaining a website, however, can be a challenge. Depending on the nature of your business, your website is critical to success. The functionality, presentation, and how well it can be updated are all things that are prompting website redesigns on the daily basis. If you’re finding it difficult to update and customize your site, maybe it’s time to upgrade. Here’s a list of 5 things that may signify it’s time to invest in a new site:
- You or your staff are not be able to easily update website. When was the last time you actually updated your site? If it because you don’t have the time or the knowledge? If it’s because you don’t have the knowledge, it’s time to revamp.
- Your site isn’t search engine optimized. Does your competition continually rank higher than you in search engine results? Perhaps they’ve implemented search engine optimization (SEO) best practices. Search engines can provide a great source of referrals and traffic to your site. You may need to relaunch your website in a SEO-savvy way.
- Your site isn’t mobile friendly. With millions accessing site via mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, etc.) it’s no longer good enough for the site to work on laptops and desktops.
- Your site has features and functions you don’t use. As sites mature and grow, certain things may not be necessary anymore. If this sounds like your site, then it may be time to either remove it, or if it is a major part of your site, restructure or redesign your site so that the underperforming feature is removed.
- Your site’s copyright year is something other than 2013. If the copyright statement in the footer is anything older than the current year, chances are you haven’t updated it in a while. This is a good sign you are ready for an update.
Your website is often your first impression in the market. A professional, intuitive website will convey to prospective clients that you are a reputable company worthy of their business.